Tahitian Mandarin Manicure
The Salon: Lulu’s by Travis Parker, San Diego
The Owner: Travis and Keri Parker
What it is:
An Eastern-inspired service that incorporates tamanu oil (an oil from Tahiti’s ati trees), coconut oil, and mandarin, this manicure is ideal for clients in need of a tropical getaway. A mandarin spritzer (a mix of mandarin juice and tonic water) is provided with the service to set the mood.
- Offer the client a mandarin spritzer
- Soak the client’s hands in coconut oil-infused water
- Apply an alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA) cuticle remover and push back cuticles. Remove excess.
- Massage cuticle oil into cuticles. Shape nails.
- Massage in Elizabeth Arden hand renewal scrub (in mandarin jasmine) for three minutes. Don’t remove.
- Massaga in Elizabeth Arden hand renewal transformer (in mandarin jasmine) to dissolve the scrub.
- Wrap hands in essential oil-infused hot towels. Perform a pressure point massage over the towel.
- Massage arms and hands with mango and coconut lotion
- Prep and clean nail plate
- Apply base coat, two coats of polish, and top coat.
The Price: $34
Lulu’s by Travis Parker uses:
- Orchids (to decorate the product tray)
- Elizabeth Arden AHA cuticle remover, hand renewal scrub (in mandarin jasmine), and hand renewal transformer (in mandarin jasmine)
- Creative Nail Design mango and coconut lotion
- Coconut oil, essential oils
- Polish, base coat, top coat
Eastern Escape Manicure, Mandarin Jasmine Treatment, Polynesian Paradise