The salon: Lavender Nail and Body Studio, Oakland, Calif.
The Owner: Kesha Hackett
What it is:
A cocktail-inspired blend of cranberry soak for moisture retention, salt for softening, and lime as an astringent, the Cosmopolitan manicure is ideal for sophisticated clients. The drama of this intoxicating manicure is heightened by adding a drop of red coloring into the hand soak.
- Sanitize your and your client’s hands.
- Place your client’s hands in a martini glass filled with cranberry soak, red food coloring, fresh lime slices, and Epsom and rock salt.
- While wearing terrycloth gloves, exfoliate your client’s hand and lower arm with lime sugar scrub.
- Wrap hands is steamed towel for a minute, allowing sugar crystals to dissolve. Slowly pull off the towel to remove the scrub.
- Prep nails.
- Perform a “double massage” – first massage cranberry cream onto hands and arms, then massage lime zest cream onto hands and arms.
- Apply base coat, two coats of polish, and top coat.
The Price: $25
Lavender Nail and Body Studio uses:
- Creative Nail Design’s cranberry soak and cranberry lotion cream
- Qtica’s lime zest sugar scrub and lime zest lotion/cream
- Food coloring, Epsom and rock salts
- Nail Tek Hydration Therapy base and top coats