We hope these tips on soothing angry clients may help.
“The customer is not always right, but there is no percentage in telling her she’s wrong,” says customer-service expert Jim Feldman. At a recent International Chain Salon Association conference in Orlando, Fla., Feldman shared the following tips on resolving customer complaints:
- Discover what the complaint is by listening closely and telling the customer you care about making things right.
- Confirm what the customer is complaining about by repeating the complaint in your own words.
- Thank the customer for complaining; after all, you want to solve the problem for this and all future customers.
- Arrive at a joint resolution.
- Whenever possible, empower your employees to solve problems by using the above suggestions.