Follow these steps and find out how you can convert your customer into the newest nail art lover.
Holiday-themed nail art can tread a line between festive and kitsch, which may steer some clients from considering the add-on service. In an attempt to take on the glitz of the season without creating a low-brow look, Los Angeles-based nail tech, Fariha Ali of House of Polish, executed this ornamental, star-shaped design to lure unadventurous clients. Follow these steps and find out how a few simple brush strokes, some glitter, and dots painted on an accent nail might just convert your customer into the newest nail art lover.
1. Apply gel-polish base coat and cure for 30 seconds under an LED light. Apply two coats of black gel-polish and cure between coats for 30 seconds under an LED light. Add a layer of silver shimmer gel-polish and cure for 30 seconds under an LED light.
2. Use gold glitter gel-polish to create a dot on the center of the nail and paint five short lines equidistant from each other.
3. Paint five longer lines in between the short lines. Cure for 30 seconds under an LED light.
4. Connect the outer edge of the longer lines to the shorter lines (creating the outline of a star). Use a dotting tool to add dots around the star in random order.
5. Fill in the blank space of the star with white gel-polish and add white dots in the available space around the star. Cure under an LED light for 30 seconds. Apply a top coat and cure for 30 seconds. Finish the look by wiping off the inhibition layer with nail cleanser.