The California State Board of Barbering and Cosmetology has announced that Cal/OSHA recently published a new fact sheet for Working Safely in Nail Salons.
The California State Board of Barbering and Cosmetology has announced that Cal/OSHA recently published a new fact sheet for Working Safely in Nail Salons. It is available in English, Spanish and Vietnamese, and includes extensive resources. In order to protect themselves and future clients, students should educate themselves about safe salon working conditions before they look for employment. Topics on the updated fact sheet include:
- Developing and Implementing IIPP (Injury and Illness Prevention Program)
- Working Safely with Chemicals
- Providing Ventilation to Bring In Fresh Air
- Avoiding Pain and Improving Ergonomics
- Preventing Heat Illness
- Preventing Exposure to Infectious Diseases
- Preventing Electrical and Other Safety Hazards
- Preventing Workplace Violence
You can download the fact sheets below:
You Might Also Like: Test Your Salon Safety Knowledge
For more information about your career in nails, check out NAILS Career Handbook.