Milagros Hernandez devised an ingenious solution for clients with ski-jump nails.
Milagros Hernandez, owner of Mily’s Nails in Arecibo, Puerto Rico devised an ingenious solution for clients with ski-jump nails who like the look of sculpts but do better with tips. She says clients rave about this eye-catching nail design that combines a French tip with a clear sculpted extension. She’s tried several brands of clear acrylic and finds that Creative’s Solarnail Medium Grind Crystal Clear Powder works best for this purpose.
1. Prep the nail as you would for a standard tip application.
2. Apply adhesive to a French white tip and apply it to the nail.
3. Buff the tip and natural nail to remove the shine
4. Place a metal form under the French tip.
5. Apply your clear acrylic product starting from the third level of the form to create the sculptured tip.
6. Apply oil and buff nails.
7. After the client washes her hands, apply two coats of clear polish.