Nail techs aren’t the only ones who can benefit from sticking to a code of conduct.
A while back, NAILS printed a list of 14 nail technician commandments — rules every nail tech should live by and follow. But nail techs aren’t the only ones who can benefit from sticking to a code of conduct. The following is a list of 11 commandments every client should follow once she sets foot in a salon, courtesy of the Beautytech website and its subscribers.
1. You shall be considerate of your nail tech’s schedule and be on time, or at least call to let her know you are running late.
2. You shall not cancel your appointment with less than 24 hours’ notice.
3. You shall have your polish color picked out, your keys set out, and your services paid for before the base coat is applied.
4. You shall not make out your check before you know what the charges are and you shall not ask the nail tech to hold your check until Thursday.
5. You shall not have any excuses for being late to a scheduled appointment. We know the momomer fumes get to our brains, but Aunt Minnie can only have so many bypass surgeries.
6. You shall not backstab or in any way slander your previous nail tech. We all know one another.
7. You shall not bite the fingernails on one hand while your nail tech is working on the other hand.
8. You shall be strong and true to your-self and not care when your husband hates the color of polish you choose.
9. You shall not gossip, for it may be a friend, relative, or client of mine you are talking about.
10. You shall not bring your small toddler or hyperactive and disobedient children to the salon while having your nails done.
11. You shall never offer your hands to your nail tech while dry food and other dry matter is caked underneath your nails.