Empire Beauty Schools featured Creative Nail Design Systems’ president Jan Nordstrom Arnold as commencement speaker for its 19 Pennsylvania cosmetology schools’ graduation ceremony. The 1,000 students and a crowd of more than 2,000 heard Arnold’s philosophy on the future of the salon industry and her “7 Principles for Success.”
“You’ve chosen the greatest career you can imagine. The beauty industry makes people feel good, elevates self-esteem, and does well during times of poor economy because whether or not one has the money to buy a new car or other luxuries, one always has the money to feel and look good,” said Arnold.
Jan Arnold’s seven principles for success
- Vision: When you can see yourself succeeding, you will succeed.
- Teamwork: Never use the word “I”. Many great brains always produce more than the effort of an individual.
- Passion: When your clients see your passion, they will believe.
- Determination: If you believe you can, you will always be able to overcome adversity and get what you want.
- Creativity: Be creative in everything you do, in your dress, your style, your approach to people, and your communication.
- Learn: Read, see and do as much as you can.
- Work: You’ll find working hard is fun because you’re making it happen.