Use these three simple step-by-steps to help your students practice basic nail art techniques.
Brandy Neslon, NV Salon, Eugene, Ore.
1. Apply a shimmery yellow base coat.
2. Using a shimmery orange polish, apply a ball of sunshine on the free edge.
3. Starting at the middle of the ball, draw a vertical ray, fanning it out slightly toward the base. Add smaller rays on each side.
4. With gold glitter paint, accent the rays with stripes in the same shape. Add a large gold dot at the base of the center ray and fill in with graduating smaller dots on either side. Finish with a clear top coat.
Karla Rochelle, Pampered Hands and Feet, Chicago
1. Apply two coats of OPI nail lacquer in Need Sunglasses.
2. Blend CND Additives Jade Rekindled Pigment Effect to the free edge.
3. Blend CND Additives Ornate Halo Pigment Effect from the cuticle to the center of the nail.
4. Apply a coat of green glitter to the entire nail. Finish with a clear top coat.
CeCe Gomez, CGoldnGlam, Houston
1. Apply Gelish Foundation base coat and cure. Apply a coat of white gel polish and cure.
2. With a dotting tool or a flat gel brush, paint neon teal, purple, coral, and yellow gel-polish randomly onto the nail, allowing the colors to bleed into each other, and cure.
3. Using black gel paint, draw two thin lines horizontally across the nail tip.
4. Underneath the two horizontal lines, draw two more black lines going down vertically in a V shape.
5. Draw two more black V shapes underneath the first to fill in the space, and cure. Apply a clear top coat, and cure.
You May Also Like: Nail Art Studio: Summer Silhouette
For more information about your career in nails, check out NAILS Career Handbook