Here, we look at what signature services two different salons offer and what makes them successful.
The Salon: Mimosa, Hermosa Beach, Calif.
The Owner: Mike Daneshmand
What it is:
A pampering, ultra-moisturizing manicure laced with the sweet smell of roses. Facial products and a rich massage oil leave hands and arms feeling ultra-soft; the white tea in the hand soak acts as an antioxidant.
- Place lotion, loose tea, and cuticle remover in small bowls.
- File and shape the nails.
- Add rose-scented massage oil and water to the loose tea. Have the client soak her hands for a few minutes.
- Apply cuticle remover and perform cuticle work as needed.
- Lightly spray the hands and arms with a rose-scented mist.
- Massage hands and arms with massage oil.
- Place hands in paraffin dip. Wrap the hands in a plastic and towels for a few minutes. Remove oil and paraffin using towels.
- Spray rose-scented mist on the hands and arms.
- Massage lotion onto hands and arms. Remove excess lotion with a towel. Remove excess lotion from the nails. Apply polish.
The price: $25
Coming up Roses manicure, tea and Roses Manicure, Rich and Rosy Manicure
- Epicuren After Bath Rose Petal Moisturizer Aromatherapy Freshening Mist in White Rose Petal, and Massage Rose Oil.
- The soak is mixture of Massage Rose Oil and Serenoipiteas Shanghai, Rose Rose Petal & White tea.
Green Tea Pedicure
The Salon: Benu Spa & Salon, Dallas
The Owner: Doug Chambers, CAry Collier
What it is:
A detoxifying, stress-relieving pedicure that utilizes the herbal rejuvenation effects of gree tea. The service is made even more calming by incorporating a green tea-scented candle and a cup of green tea.
- l Light a green tea-scented candle and serve green tea while the pedicure is being performed.
- l Soak the feet in soy-enzyme milk.
- l Mix green tea clay and warm distilled water in an Asian mixing bowl using a whisk. This should be done in front of the client.
- l Apply a thin pastes to the feet and legs. Wrap the legs in warm towels.
- l While the paste is drying, file and shape the toenails.
- l Brush off the dry clay using a loofah glove or with your hands.
- l Using tea bags soaked in warm water, press the tea bags to the skin to remove any residue. Do not wash as the clay contains many moisturizing benefits.
- l Massage a green tea lotion into the feet and legs.
- l Lightly spray legs and feet with a green tea spray and gently pat into the skin. The spray is a light oil that seals in moisture.
- l Use a foot files as needed on the heels.
- l Apply polish of buff the nails.
The price: $80
Serenity Pedicure, Herbal Rejuvenation Pedicure, Tea Time Pedicure
Benu Spa & Salon use:
- l Yamaguchi Spa green tea Line including a Contouring Lotion, Firming Spray and Green Tea Clay.