An Eastern-inspired service that incorporates tamanu oil (an oil from Tahiti’s ati trees), coconut oil, and mandarin, this manicure is ideal for clients in need of a tropical getaway. A mandarin spritzer (a mix of mandarin juice and tonic water) is provided with the service to set the mood.
the salon: Lulu’s by Travis Parker, San Diego
the owner: Travis and Keri Parker
Lulu’s by Travis Parker uses:
• Orchids (to decorate the product tray)
• Elizabeth Arden AHA cuticle remover, hand renewal scrub (in mandarin jasmine), and hand renewal transformer (in mandarin jasmine)
• Creative Nail Design mango and coconut lotion
• Coconut oil, essential oils
• Polish, base coat, top coat
• Offer the client a mandarin spritzer.• Soak the client’s hands in coconut oil infused water.• Apply an alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA) cuticle remover and push back cuticles. Remove excess.• Massage cuticle oil into cuticles. Shape nails.• Massage in Elizabeth Arden hand renewal scrub (in mandarin jasmine) for three minutes. Don’t remove.
• Massage in Elizabeth Arden hand renewal transformer (in mandarin jasmine) to dissolve the scrub.• Wrap hands in essential oil-infused hot towels. Perform a pressure point massage over the towel.• Massage arms and hands with mango and coconut lotion.• Prep and clean nail plate.• Apply base coat, two coats of polish, and top coat.
Eastern Escape Manicure, Mandarin Jasmine Treatment, Polynesian Paradise