Use these three simple step-by-steps to help your students practice basic nail art techniques.
Haven Hedrick, The Nail Boutique, Santa Maria, Calif.
1. Paint the nail with OPI Gel Color in Visions of Love.
2. Burnish Tammy Taylor Pumpkin Spice Dazzle Rocks around the cuticle area and fade to the free edge.
3. Place hexagonal glitters around the perimeter of the nail and apply Tammy Taylor Gelegance Flawless Finish Top Coat.
Triana Ramirez, San Pedro, Calif.
1. Apply white polish to the nail, and without letting it dry, add a drop of black and a drop of orange polish.
2. With a fan brush, fade the three colors side to side while still wet to create the desired effect.
3. Using a fine design brush, paint two white petal shapes to create the ghosts.
4. Fill the petals with white paint and allow to dry. Paint the ghost’s eyes and the word “Boo!” with black paint and a fine design brush. Finish with a clear top coat.
Nadja Freund, Magnetic Nail Design, Victoria BC, Canada
1. Apply light brown gel-polish on the edge of the nail and blend it toward the center. Cure.
2. Apply orange gel-polish with shimmer along the cuticle area and blend it toward the brown gel-polish, overlapping it. Cure.
3. Using a thin Kolinsky brush, draw a tree with a darker brown gel-polish. Cure.
4. Using a marbling tool, apply some red, yellow, orange, and green dots acrylic paint or polish on the tree and some rose gold sparkles along the free edge. Cure. Apply a clear gel top coat and cure.
You Might Also Like: Handout: Basic Nail Art