Follow these steps to find out how an iconic symbol can inspire courage and strength and remind your clients it’s time to think pink.
Earlier this year, Redondo Beach, Calif.-based nail tech Courtenay Jackson lost her great grandmother to breast cancer. “She was a strong woman and fought with everything in her,” she says. In an effort to promote awareness to combat the disease, Jackson created a nail design that incorporates her signature bedazzled style in honor of her great grandmother. “I think by creating these pink ribbon-inspired designs, it encourages people to support one another and inform other women about breast cancer awareness,” she says. Follow these steps to find out how an iconic symbol can inspire courage and strength and remind your clients it’s time to think pink.
1. Prep the nails. Apply two thin coats of pink gel-polish and cure between coats.
2. Use hot pink gel paint to create the iconic breast cancer awareness ribbon. Cure.
3. Apply a thin coat of clear gel over the ribbon for adhesion. Pour pink acrylic powder over the ribbon for texture. Cure.
4. Using white gel-polish, paint a thin outline around the ribbon and cure.
5. Apply nail resin along the outline and place stones.
6. Cap the stones with gel-polish top coat and cure.
Follow Jackson on Instagram: @delicacy_nails.