Use these three simple step-by-steps to help your students practice basic nail art techniques.
Amy Rigsby, Blonde on Broad, Roma, Ga.
1. Start with a sky blue polish.
2. Using white polish or craft paint and a fine brush, paint three X-marks to start the snowflakes.
3. With the white paint, add a cross mark going through each X.
4. Paint V-shapes on the four ends of the cross marks.
5. Add tiny dots around the snowflakes with white paint. Using silver glitter paint or polish, add detail to the snowflakes. Finish with a clear top coat.
Victoria Zegarelli, Nail Bar Lounge, Hauppage, N.Y.
1.File the nail to a round shape. On a nude base, paint a gold frame around the nail.
2. Apply foil and/or sparkle polish in gold and silver in diamond shapes as shown.
3. Using a fine detail brush, outline the frame and diamond shapes with black paint or polish. Seal with a clear top coat.
Fariha Ali, House of Polish, Beverly Hills, Calif.
1. Apply a base coat, then two coats of OPI Gelcolor in My Vampire is Buff. Cure between coats.
2. Apply a thin layer of clear gel on the nail and lay down pieces of green and gold glitter in a donut-like shape.
3. Place a red Swarovski crystal at the bottom of the wreath and two gold metal dots on each side. Cure. Lay down some clear gel to encapsulate the glitter. Cure.
You Might Also Like: Handout: Basic Nail Art
For more information about your career in nails, check out NAILS Career Handbook.