Use these three simple step-by-steps to help your students practice basic nail art techniques.
- Form the free edge with pink acrylic and the remainder of the nail with a sheer, sparkly acrylic.
- Add polka dots with white paint using a dotter tool to the free edge.
- Using a nail art brush, paint a yellow and purple tulip, then add the stems and leaves. Finish with a UV top coat.
Jade Sewell, Just Nails, Great Falls, Mont.
- Cover the entire nail with a light pink polish.
- Using a silver glitter polish, create dots around the top of the nail.
- Using a dotting tool, create the flower petals with black, white, and dark pink polish. Add silver dots for the center of the flowers. Finish with a clear quick dry top coat.
Amy Rigsby, Blonde on Broad, Roma, Ga.
- Apply bold pink and French white nail polish.
- Use a striper brush and create vertical lines with pink polish over the white tip. Use a shorter brush and paint two triangles for the bow. Allow to dry.
- Dip the shorter brush into a fuchsia polish and paint the center of the triangles. Put a white dot in the middle of the triangles using a large dotting tool. Finish with clear top coat.
Elsbeth Schuetz, celebrity manicurist and international educator, Orange, Calif.
You Might also Like: Inspiring Instructor: Q & A with Tracy Balistreri
Do you know an inspiring instructor? Email [email protected] for a chance to have them featured in NAILS' Nail School News.