Mix it up and try some bold, new colors for a change! Yes, polish can be changed easily and often, but changing colored acrylics can be done quickly and easily too.
With summer now here, many clients are feeling the urge to mix it up and try some bold, new colors. (After all, the season does bring out the spring fling side of personalities). And yes, polish can be changed easily and often, but changing colored acrylics can be done quickly and easily too. Laura Campos of Southern Accents Salon in Gainesville, Fla., shows how you can make some quick color changes this summer, while making a little change of your own.
1. Remove gel shine with a sanding band.
2. Bevel down existing product.
3. Carve a new smile line with a carbide bit.
4. Gently remove existing color down to the tip or natural nail.
5. Remove as much of the colored acrylic as you possibly can.
6. Apply new color. Press up to make the tips. Then swipe the smile line.
7. File surface with medium to fi ne carbide bit.
8. Use a hand file to finish the sidewalls and free edge, and then lightly buff the nails to remove scratches.
9. Apply UV top coat and cure under UV light.
10. Finished nail.