Specialty manicures and pedicures are a great hook to get clients into the salon. Be inspired by these six manicures and pedicures that would be great additions to your service menu.
Citrus Green Tea Spa Pedicure--submitted by Holly Schippers, FingernailFixer, Bussey, Iowa
Ingredients: CND Scentsations Wash and Lotion in Citrus & Green Tea, Citrus Moisture Scrub, Citrus Illuminating Masque, Citrus Soothing Crème, CoolBlue, ScrubFresh, CuticleAway, Cuticle Eraser, SolarOil, Shellac or base coat, polish, top coat, speed-drying spray; halved and sliced lemons and limes.
1. Soak the client’s feet in a blend of warm water and CND Scentsations Wash in Citrus & Green Tea for five minutes. (Optional) Add sliced lemons and limes to the foot soak. Sanitize your hands with CoolBlue.
2. One foot at a time, prep the nails with CND ScrubFresh (to remove polish) and CuticleAway. Place feet back in the soak.
3. (Optional) Apply CND Shellac to the nails. (Visit www.nailsmag.com/shellacyournails for a step-by-step.)
4. Rub in CND CuticleEraser and SolarOil to the base of the nail plates and the surrounding skin.
5. Exfoliate one foot at a time by applying CND Citrus Moisture Scrub to a halved lime, then massaging it in. Return the foot to the soak, rinse, and remove the remaining scrub with a moist, soft sponge. Dry with a towel, then use the towel to wrap the foot before repeating the steps on the second foot.
6. (Optional) Warm CND Citrus Illuminating Masque in a small container submerged in warm water. Use a sliced lemon to brush the masque onto both feet. Wrap feet in towels and let penetrate for several minutes. (Optional) Place feet in heated pedicure boots. Remove mask with towels, then wipe away excess in the soak. Dry both feet with a towel.
7. Massage feet and lower legs with CND Citrus Soothing Crème (for extremely dry areas) and CND Scentsations Lotion in Citrus & Green Tea.
8. (Optional — if didn’t apply Shellac) Buff nails or apply base coat, two coats of polish, top coat, and speed-drying spray.
Price: +$10-$15 over a non-themed pedicure
Alternate Names: Lemon-Lime Pedicure, High Tea Pedi, Citrus Splash Pedicure
Milk with Coffee Beans Pedicure--submitted by North Point Nail Spa, San Francisco
Ingredients: Powdered milk, coffee beans, seasonal fresh flowers, fresh avocado, milk; Giovanni Cool Mint Lemonade Salt Scrub; Lotus Touch Organic Naturals Massage Lotion; paraffin; base coat, polish, top coat.
1. Soak the client’s feet in a blend of warm water, powdered milk, coffee beans, and fresh flowers.
2. Prep nails and remove calluses.
3. Exfoliate legs and feet with Giovanni Cool Mint Lemonade Salt Scrub.
4. Warm through Lotus Touch Organic Naturals Massage Lotion for a few seconds in the microwave, then massage legs and feet for 20 minutes.
5. Wrap feet in warm towels.
6. Blend together fresh avocado and milk to create a mask. Using a brush, apply the mask onto legs and feet. After 10 minutes, remove the mask with warm towels.
7. Apply base coat, two coats of polish, and top coat.
8. After the polish has dried, dip feet in paraffin. Remove paraffin.
Alternate Names: Cafe Au Lait Pedi, Caffeine Infusion Pedicure, Bowl-o-Joe Pedi
Exotic Mango Manicure/Pedicure--submitted by Hollywood Nails & Spa, Fort Worth, Texas
Ingredients: Sliced oranges, flower petals, mango essential oil; Qtica Smart Spa Exotic Mango Sugar Scrub, Exotic Mango Moisture Mask, and Exotic Mango Luxury Lotion; base coat, polish, top coat.
1. Soak the client’s hands and feet in warm water with a few drops of mango essential oil, flower petals, and sliced oranges. Offer the client a glass of wine or beverage of her choice.
2. Exfoliate hands, arms, legs, and feet with Qtica Smart Spa Exotic Mango Sugar Scrub.
3. Prep nails.
4. Blend together Qtica Smart Spa Exotic Mango Moisture Mask and Qtica Smart Spa Exotic Mango Luxury Lotion. Warm the mixture in a microwave for about five seconds, making sure to test the temperature before applying to the client’s skin. Massage hands, arms, legs, and feet with the mixture.
5. Apply base coat, two coats of polish, and top coat.
Price: $58 ($23 + $35)
Alternate Names: Mad for Mango Mani/Pedi, Tropical Bliss Service, Curry-geous Manicure & Pedicure
Indian Therapy Pedicure--submitted by Elizabeth Ayurvedic Nail Spa
Ingredients: Apple cider vinegar, sliced lemons, sliced ginger, chickpea flour, sesame oil, plain yogurt, and powdered milk; Keyano Aromatics Mango Mineral Bath and Mango Butter Cream; any brand of body wash and powdered sanitizer soak; base coat, polish, top coat.
1. Soak the client’s feet in warm water with a small amount of body wash (any brand) and 3 Tbs. apple cider vinegar for five minutes. Dry feet.
2. Complete a client consultation, making sure to examine the feet and ask about relevant medical conditions.
3. Prep nails.
4. Add powdered sanitizer soak (any brand), Keyano Aromatics Mango Mineral Bath, sliced lemons, and sliced ginger to the foot bath. Soak the client’s feet again.
5. Mix together 2 Tbs. chickpea flour with warmed sesame oil. (Optional) Add plain yogurt to make the scrub less messy. Exfoliate the feet and legs with the homemade scrub. Rinse.
6. Rub a sliced lemon on the legs and feet to brighten and exfoliate.
7. Rub a slice of ginger on the nails and feet to whiten.
8. Mix together 2 Tbs. of powdered milk with warm water. Apply the homemade mask to feet and legs. Apply warmed sesame oil to the bottoms of feet. Cover feet with warm towels. After five minutes, remove the mask with the towels.
9. Use a foot file to lessen calluses.
10. Massage feet and legs with Keyano Aromatics Mango Butter Cream.
11. Dry feet. Remove oils from the nail plate. Buff nails to a shine or apply base coat, two coats of polish, and top coat.
Alternative Names: East Meets West Pedicure, Open Sesame Foot Treatment, Indian Spice & Everything Nice Pedi
Cookies & Cream Manicure--submitted by My’Amour Salon & Spa in San Leandro, Calif.
Ingredients: Innovative Body Science Milk Bath Powder, Creamy Milk Exfoliant, Therap-E Milk Hand Cream, and (optional) Milk Cleanser; SpaRitual Cuti-Cocktail; base coat, polish, top coat; (optional) PerfectSense Paraffin.
1. Offer the client a beverage and a warm neck pillow.
2. Fill the manicure bowl with warm water and one scoop of Innovative Body Science Milk Bath Powder.
3. Start prep on the left hand’s nails, including applying cuticle softener and pushing back cuticles, then place the left hand in the filled bowl.
4. Repeat Step 3 for the right hand. Remove the left hand from the bowl. Remove the right hand from the bowl.
5. Finish prepping nails on both hands, including buffing.
6. Massage SpaRitual Cuti-Cocktail into nails.
7. Pour a small amount of the Innovative Body Science Creamy Milk Exfoliant into your hands, then massage it into the client’s hands and forearms. Remove it with hot towels.
8. (Optional) Allow the client to wash her hands with Innovative Body Science Milk Cleanser.
9. Massage the client’s hands and forearms with Innovative Body Science Therap-E Milk Hand Cream. Cover hands in plastic bags, then in warm hand mitts for up to five minutes. Remove any remaining lotion from on or under the nails. Wipe excess lotion with a dry towel.
10. Spray nails with antiseptic solution, then use alcohol to remove oily residue. Apply base coat, two coats of polish, and top coat. Let dry.
11. (Optional) Perform a PerfectSense Paraffin Treatment.
Alternate Names: Got Milk? Mani, Cream of the Crop Manicure, Silky Milky Smooth Hand Treatment
Sweet Sherbert Pedicure--submitted by Stylux Beauty Salon, Glendale, Calif.
Ingredients: Pedicure Care Decorative Pedicure Soak Solution; flower petals; Nubar Skin Essentials The Waterfall Foot Soak, Callus-Rid, Sherbet Splash Foot Scrub, Sherbet Splash Foot Mud Masque, Sherbet Splash Foot Butter, Foundation Base Coat, Nail Lacquer, and Diamont Seal & Shine Quick Dry Top Coat.
1. Soak the client’s feet in warm water, Pedicure Care Decorative Pedicure Soak Solution, Nubar Skin Essentials The Waterfall Foot Soak, and flower petals.
2. Prep nails.
3. Apply Nubar Callus-Rid to remove excess callus and cuticles.
4. Exfoliate feet and lower legs with Nubar Sherbet Splash Foot Scrub. Rinse.
5. Apply Nubar Sherbet Splash Foot Mud Masque to the client’s feet and lower legs, then wrap the feet in a hot towel. After five minutes, remove the mask.
6. Massage feet and lower legs with Nubar Sherbet Splash Foot Butter.
7. Apply Nubar Foundation Base Coat, two coats of Nubar Nail Lacquer (Stylux recommends Nubar Orange Crush, for an “orange sherbet” look), and Nubar Diamont Seal & Shine Quick Dry Top Coat.
Alternate Names: Sherbet Splash Pedicure, Sherbet Sensation Feet Treat, Sweets For Your Feet Pedi