The idea of these ticking lists — of things to accomplish before you “kick the bucket,” so to speak — are gaining popularity via blogs, ad campaigns, and other media outlets. We asked our readers to share their professional ones. (No offense to pros-and-cons lists, but we think bucket lists are much more fun!)
Bucket List of: Starr Sullivan Rooks, Academy of Nails and Esthetics, Charlotte, N.C.
1. Meet John Hauk.
Habib (left) and Greg Salo
2. Meet Greg and Habib Salo.
3. Enter a nail competition.
4. Become an instructor.
5. Open a nail salon.
6. Travel to other countries to learn different techniques.
7. Open a nail academy.
8. Master pink-and-whites.
9. Create nails for a magazine cover.
10. Have artwork published in a magazine.
Bucket List of:Tashawna Hundley , Square Nails, Jersey City, N.J.
1. Quit my day job and do nails for commercial shoots and films.
2. Open a shop in an urban zone (so they can also receive quality service).
3. Open a spa in Miami.
4. Teach nails at a cosmetology school.
5. Open an affordable dream vacation location in the Caribbean.
Bucket List of: Angie Roman, Chicago
1. Say that I have been a professional nail technician for over 20 years.
2. Become an educator for a professional nail product company.
3. Travel to Puerto Rico to see the San Juan Beauty Show.
4. Visit some of the huge nail product companies for a tour of their labs.
5. Get my nails done by other well-known technicians in other cities.
6. Finally win first or second place in the NAILS mural or mini-masterpiece contests. (I’ve been honorably mentioned four times.)
7. Take some amazing continuing education classes.
8. Do Ivy Queen’s nails once. Or any other famous person’s nails.
9. Sit in on an OPI polish naming meeting.
10. Hear that some of the students I taught are doing BIG things with nails.
11. Create a nail art book that will be published.
12. Be the nail tech for photo shoots and well-known photographers.
Next page: A nail tech who wants to earn her e-file certification, one who wants to do nails for fashion week, and one with international nail competitions in her sights!