LCN educator Gail Eddy created this fun patriotic nail design to celebrate Independence Day featuring gels, stamps, and free-hand brushing techniques.
LCN educator Gail Eddy created this fun patriotic nail design to celebrate Independence Day. Featuring gels, stamps, and free-hand brushing techniques, it’s easy to learn and great for nail techs to have up their sleeves during the month of July. Here’s how Eddy creates this look.
1. On all 10 nails, paint the free edge with white gel. (Eddy used LCN’s gel in Extra White.) Use a marbleizing tool like LCN’s Spot ‘N’ Swirl to create a small hook with the white.
2. Steady your hand using your fulcrum (pinky) finger. On eight nails (all except an accent nail on each hand) use a dry flat brush to make a curve like the letter “C.” Start at the tip of the hook and slowly twirl (roll) the brush in your fingers without moving your hand. Clean the edges with the brush. Cure for two minutes.
3. Apply a streak of blue gel following the curve. Clean up the edges with a dry flat brush. Cure for two minutes.
4. Apply red gel in the opposite corner from the blue. Cure for two minutes. This design is created by layering different colors of gel. If you don’t cure between each color application, the colors will marble together. (Eddy used LCN gel in Hot Chilli 361 and Paparazzi 303.)
5. For the accent nails, paint the lower half blue, and then cure for two minutes. Next, create three vertical stripes with red gel on the white portion. Cure for an additional two minutes. Remove the tacky layer from the accent nail. Using a stamp, apply the stars with white stamping polish (Eddy used Konad’s Plate M84 and Konad stamping polish) and let dry. Seal with UV top coat and cure.