Gels can be a tricky substance to master, but once you get the hang of it, gel services can quickly become a great source of revenue for your salon.
Light Elegance educator Jayne Berger, of Blondeberry Salon in Bourbonnais, Ill., shares some quick tips on working with gels.
- Prep is very important when working with gels. Make sure to cleanse the nails of all oil, push back cuticles, and be sure to etch the nail well, especially around the cuticles. Then re-cleanse the nails again before applying the product.
- When applying product, use a light touch and float the product over the nail. Do not pat or you will get air bubbles in the gel.
- When you apply, make sure the gel never gets on the skin and cuticles.
- The UV light is very important. Remember that bulbs lose their intensity with time and use, so be sure to change your bulbs at least every six months.
- And make sure to cure the gels for the exact time required.