I was perusing SpaBusinessMD, a blog by medical spa consultant Francis X. Acunzo, and I came across an entry that lists the top 10 attributes of a successful medical spa manager. Not surprising, since medspas are the close cousins of salons, that list holds true for nail salons as well.
Count yourself lucky if your salon manager or owner possesses these 10 qualities:
1. Embraces a service culture and promotes it throughout the organization.
2. Intuitively understands that selling is all about identifying client problems and concerns and offering the best possible solutions.
3. Is a smart doer; is able to do the job today just like yesterday, but even better.
4. Maintains a positive attitude even during times of adversity.
5. Manages their time wisely, minimizing their office time especially when clients are in the spa.
6. Understands their role as “medical maitre d’,” the person who welcomes the clients and ensures that they are comfortable and well taken care of throughout their visit.
7. Is challenged by company goals and leads their team to success by setting individual and team goals, monitoring the goals, and rewarding achievement.
8. Coaches, mentors, and inspires the team to model their behaviors, thus leading them to greater success.
9. Enjoys community involvement and is comfortable with group events and presentations.
10. Is a great listener.
— Judy Lessin