By Lisa Marie Arnold, Salon & Spa Solutions
Are you ready for 2010?
The hectic holiday season is behind us now and it is time to plan for 2010! What will you do differently, what will you do the same, and what will motivate you to do so?
A written goal-setting plan is in order. When you write it, you win it! January is a great time to set goals for the upcoming year.
Get the goal-setting started by asking yourself the following questions:
• What did I accomplish that I wanted to in 2009?
• What was my biggest disappointment for the year?
• What staff members need my attention (or do you need attention yourself)?
• What services need attention?
• What is my retail game plan?
• What was my percentage growth over 2009? What is my goal for 2010?
• What was my biggest expense? Does it need tweaking?
• Do I have any budgets or do I spend on impulse?
• When was the last time I attended an education class? Is it time now?
You need a strategy — a plan of action. Things don’t magically happen. As 2010 promises to be a challenging year for our industry, it is important that we grasp this concept of goal-setting and stick to our guns. Time has proven that those with a plan succeed. Are you ready?