On May 8, employees from American International Industries joined the 17th-annual Revlon Run/Walk event, which raises awareness and funds that are crucial to the fight against women’s cancers. It was held at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum at Exposition Park.
Team A.I.I. was made up of coworkers from many different departments in the company, including purchasing, marketing, education, sales, inventory, and public relations, and advertising. To date, Team A.I.I. has raised nearly $4,000.
This was the fifth year that Team A.I.I. was sponsored by executive vice president Terri Cooper. Cooper pays for every team member’s $30-$35 registration fee.
Created in 1993 through the committed and collective efforts of the Entertainment Industry Foundation, Lilly Tartikoff, Ronald O. Perelman, and The Davis Group, The EIF Revlon Run/Walk for Women has grown to become one of the nation’s largest 5K fundraising events.
The Facts About Women’s Cancers
It is estimated that in the United States in 2010:
• More than 273,000 new cases of women’s cancers will be diagnosed.
• Approximately 40,000 women will die from breast cancer.
• Breast cancer will account for 27% of all cancers diagnosed in women.
• Approximately 22,000 new cases of ovarian cancer are expected to be diagnosed.
• About 15,000 women will die of ovarian cancer.