Orly International and Beauty Forum are looking for talented nail artists to enter the 1st Annual Orly Global Nail Art Competition (OGNAC). For this new fantasy nail art competition, the theme is Pin-Up, and the deadline for all entries is midnight, July 16, 2011. (That’s less than a week away! what are you waiting for?)
Winners of the online judging will be announced on July 22, 2011 and will then be eligible to participate in the August 9th regionals. The Regional competition will be held in Los Angeles on August 11, 2011 and the Grand Finals will be held in Las Vegas in September.
For those of you interested in competing, here are the rules:
1. Competitors may submit more than one entry, but must pay a registration fee of $20 for each entry.
2. All nail art must be made from professional nail products (colored liquid-and-powder acrylic, light-cured gel, wraps and resin, polish, rhinestones, etc.). All color lacquers and nail art colors MUST be ORLY products.
3. Embellishments may be used, but must NOT exceed 30% of the overall design. 100% ORLY Nail Lacquers and colors must be used.
4. The theme for Fantasy Nail Art competition will be Pin-up. The theme must be followed on all 10 nails.
5. Competitors may NOT use any copyrighted art, designs or logos.
6. Competitors must prepare and submit a written statement telling the story of your interpretation of the theme. Please include your name.
7. Fantasy Nail Art will be judged in the following categories: originality, visual interest, color, balance, overall impression, complexity, workmanship detail, theme and design.
8. The OGNAC competition staff will disqualify any design it considers too similar to a winning design. Any discussion with the OGNAC competition staff about designs will be held in strict confidence.
To enter, click here and simply fill out the form and upload your photo. It’s only $20 per entry.