Salons are naturally social venues, so the Professional Beauty Association | National Cosmetology Association (PBA | NCA) asks you, as salon owners, to help by hosting a dinner or social gathering during the month of October to support its annual Dining for Change fundraiser. (Now is the perfect time to plan your event for next month.) Each guest who attends your event should be asked for a small donation to support Dining for Change.
The goal of Dining for Change is to raise more than $250,000 for the PBA | NCA Cares Fund, which supports CUT IT OUT, a program that fights domestic abuse, and PBA | NCA’s Disaster Relief Fund, which helps salons and beauty professionals rebuild after natural disasters. The timing is especially appropriate since October is domestic abuse awareness month.
To get started, PBA | NCA recommends:
• Host a dinner/reception in your salon/spa for clients.
• Promote Dining for Change in your salon/spa and encourage visitors to host their own dinner parties.
• Host a dinner/reception in your salon/spa and invite surrounding businesses to join in.
• Host a dinner/reception in your home and invite fellow salon/spa owners and members of the community.
• Find a creative venue in your area (i.e. a historic park in the community) where you can hold the event. The larger the space, the more people can come, eat, and donate.
• Invite the local media so they can share your story and educate the public on Dining for Change, CUT IT OUT, and the PBA | NCA Disaster Relief Fund.
Have you participated in Dining for Change before? Let us know your experience in the comments section.