As promised, here are the step-by-steps to create my pedicure station.
BUILD THE PLATFORM AND THE TWO STEPS
1. Here are the platform legs.
2. Here is the platform top (30" x 84").
3. Frame in the platform with 2x4s.
4. Attach the legs.
5. Make the two 18"x24"x9" steps (one for each side).
6. Paint the platform and the steps. (I sprinkled glitter into the paint). Seal with Mod Podge.
7. Attach skirting to the platform and the two steps.
8. Staple a wide ribbon across the top of the front of the platform. Staple beaded fringe over the ribbon.
ASSEMBLE THE TWO FOOT CARTS
(Instructions below are for one cart. Repeat to create the second cart.)
9. Staple leather to one side of a 1"x6"x14" board. (I used a pretty embossed leather.)
10. Attach foam to the top side of the board.
11. Close the foam within the leather, then staple the leather along the second side. Fold and staple the ends.
12. Attach four IKEA cabinet legs to the bottom of the leather-topped board.
13. Attach the bottom leg inserts into an IKEA Odda nightstand.
14. Here's the finished foot rest.
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
15. Bolt the two IKEA Poang Chairs in place so they don't tip over.
16. Slit the skirt to allow the steps to be pushed under the platform.
Enjoy! I recommend using it with FootsieBath pedicure basins, which I place on the empty part of the foot rest cart.
—Candice, Panache Nail Studio, Stanwood, Wash.