America’s Beauty Show (ABS) put out a list of the top 10 reasons you should attend ABS 2014 next month, March 22-24, at McCormick Place West in downtown Chicago. The show will be celebrating its 91st year and is owned and produced by the salon pro members of Cosmetologists Chicago.
Top 10 Reasons to Attend ABS:
1. First, SHOPPING! ABS features over 450 exhibiting companies that offer products and services for every aspect of the salon world, many of which you can purchase and take home with you. In just three days, you have the opportunity to see everything that's important to you and your future.
2. Start your ABS learning experience with the free All-Star Trend-Talk Panel on Saturday, March 22 at 4:00 p.m. Learn what’s happening from these incredibly in-the-know beauty leaders: Nick Irwin, TIGI; Mark Hayes, Sassoon Academy; Jan Arnold, CND; John Simpson, Goldwell; Gerard Scarpaci & Randy Taylor, hairbrained.me; and Kelly Ehlers, Evoke Brands. Then tumble right in to the BeautyBASH for a great party with friends.
3. BeautyBASH is an ABS exclusive pure party on Saturday night. Plus, if you register to attend ABS before February 28, add two $20 tickets for the price of one. Get in the beauty spirit with a cash bar, entertainment, and lots of beauty buzzing among friends.
4. Admission to ABS is free if you are a member of Cosmetologists Chicago (CC), Cosmetologists Illinois (CI), International Nail Technicians Association (INTA), and the American Association for Esthetics (AAE). It pays to join for FREE admission as well as more education and other benefits throughout the year.
5. The [email protected]’s Beauty Show is like no other. Watch in awe the talents of Australians Joey Scandizzo and Tracey Hughes, plus see the latest from Omar Antonio, Leonardo Rocco, Teri Dougherty, Nick Irwin, Sam Villa, Martin Parsons, and Mark Hayes and the Sassoon Creative Team. You’ll see fashion trends galore! The [email protected]’s Beauty Show is FREE with your registration.
6. The ABS Mobile App is now available via Google Play and the App Store. Simply search for America’s Beauty Show and you’ll find it! The integration between the app and the show registration system enables you to go into the system with your registration confirmation number and you will see all the wonderful events attached to your registration.
7. Skills & CE Workshops. Up your salon game with a class or two from the dozens offered. Take master classes from the runway stars including Tracey Hughes and Martin Parsons; hair cutting, color, and styling classes with names you know like Candy Shaw, Eli Mancha, Pivot Point, Chrystofer Benson, Jo Blackwell-Preston, and Tom Dispenza. Adam Tran, the CND Education Team, Amber Edwards, and Dr. Katharine Von Gavel offer tips-to-toes nail education. Learn more about makeup and esthetics for extra profits from Jill Glaser, Shelley Russo, and Lisa Ryan.
8. Business Building - Learn More, Earn More is Cosmetologists Chicago’s trademark. Learn from national beauty business leaders Neil Ducoff, Jen Planck, and Lydia Sarfati. Richard P. Honack of Northwestern University provides insight on understanding today’s six generations of workers and the impact of technology on salons. Plus Chicagoans Frank Gironda, Kathy Jager, and Jerry and Karen Gordon will help you take your business to the next level.
9. Great rates at best hotels. Treat yourself this year, even if you live in Chicago, by booking a hotel room in ABS’ super low, center-of-the-city hotel blocks. There are Hiltons, W’s, Sheraton, Westin, and Embassy Suites in every price range.
10. Esthetics available too! Face & Body Midwest Spa Conference & Expo will again co-locate with America’s Beauty Show, featuring innovative skin care products and esthetics classes. F&B Expo admission is included with your America’s Beauty Show registration.