Most of you have probably seen the mani-cam for the Oscars. How many of you have ever thought about making one for in-salon nail photography? Vicki Jensen of Contempo Salon & Day Spa in Ann Arbor, Michigan, posted a great tutorial on making your own little red carpet photo booth!
1. Cut off two sides of a box. Then cut the remainder of the box to approximately 8" x 12".
*This one is not the proper size, it's only an example.
2. Make a backdrop with your info using Microsoft Word. I used our salon logo and my name.
I also added an Oscar to the right side. This
is the picture I used.
Make an extra one and use it as a backdrop for your nail photos. No need to watermark!
3. Find a picture for the left side by googling "paparazzi" and click on images.
I couldn't get it to print the way I wanted it to, so I opened Word, clicked New, Blank Document, and inserted an image.
Fold the right edge of the picture to tuck behind your logo backdrop.
is the one I used, but there are lots to choose from.
4. Using double sided tape, tape your backdrops to the box.
5. Add your red carpet. I used red felt.
6. Have fun letting your clients make appearances on the mani cam!