“An effective Tweet can boost business by creating the highest engagement with followers, while building a devoted fan base,” says Bernard Perrine CEO of social media marketing company HipLogiq, developer of Twitter marketing application SocialCentiv. Perrine offers these tips to construct ideal Tweets that are more likely to be heard above the crowd, be retweeted or favorited, and ultimately help drive business to your salon:
• Find your brand voice. Your Tweets should reflect a professional voice. Be positive, engaging, and conversational. Offer perspective or insight, even when retweeting, to make your post stand out.
• Include multimedia to encourage interaction. Tweets should contain pictures, links, or hashtags to catch the reader’s attention and trigger involvement.
• Pin a Tweet to highlight what’s important. Businesses can pin a specific Tweet to the top of their profile to showcase their special offers so their followers don’t miss out.
• Avoid starting a Tweet with @username. Starting with @username makes that Tweet only visible to the sender and receiver. For greater visibility, try “Hey, @username!...” or insert a period before the username, “.@username....”
• Create exclusive and custom offers. Tweets with exclusive offers can spur interest to try your company’s services, build customer loyalty, and make your Twitter community feel special.
• Tweet less than six times per day. Followers become annoyed with accounts Tweeting more than five times per day or more than one Tweet per hour.
• Increase Tweet visibility. Request a retweet in the Tweet. Tweet four to five times per day to increase retweets. Join trends by linking a Tweet to a hashtag and a trending word or phrase.
Happy Tweeting, and don’t forget to follow NAILS on Twitter (@nailsmag).