Julie Ventura of Long Beach, Calif., shows how to make this negative space nail design, perfect for the modern bride.
Julie Ventura (@juliev37) of Long Beach, Calif., shows how to make this negative space nail design, perfect for the modern bride.
1. Start with a base of clear gel to prevent the base from over curing. Paint one third of the nail with CND Shellac Romantique.
2. Leaving the middle of the nail blank, paint the final third of the nail with the same pale pink. Cure for two minutes.
3. Use CND Shellac in Cream Puff and a liner brush to create a border on either side of the negative space.
4. Use white gel and a detail brush to paint diagonal lines in opposite directions down the negative space.
5. On the diagonal lines, paint small U-shapes on the undersides and cure.
6. Paint a continuous wave under the U-shapes and cure.
7. Fill in the space below each set of waves with a fine crisscross pattern to finish the lace effect. Cure. Add top coat to finish.