Jen Fetty of Middleton, Idaho, shares how to embed dried flowers for a nail look that’s meant to be worn outdoors.
Celebrate all that summer has to offer with colorful encapsulated nail art. Jen Fetty
(@jenfetty) of Middleton, Idaho, shares how to embed dried flowers for a nail look that’s meant to be worn outdoors.
1. Apply cover pink acrylic in reverse application to the nail bed and apply a nail form.
2. Apply a thin layer of clear acrylic to the free edge of the nail and place the bead chain as close to the nail edge as possible.
3. Place a thin layer of clear acrylic on the form past the free edge in the length and shape of the desired nail and set your dried flowers into the wet acrylic.
4. Trim flowers with manicure scissors to the shape of the nail.
5. Encapsulate the whole nail from the cuticle to the free edge in clear acrylic.
6. Remove the form and pinch your C-curve.
7. File, smooth, and buff without filing down to the beads and flowers, leaving the whole nail encapsulated in clear acrylic.
8. Top coat with UV gel top coat and cure.