Just in time for summer, this nail tech offers this tutorial on a mouthwatering 3-D dessert look.
Nail art is booming in the Caribbean says nail tech Kerlisha Munroe who lives in Point Fortin, Trinidad and Tobago. “Trinbagonians (Trinidadians and Tobagonians) are very creative people and with the high demand of unique nail art surfacing, I have seen an increase in hand-painted designs,” she says.
In an effort to cater to the rise in services and keep up with trends, Munroe uses a diversified palette to execute mixed-media designs. Just in time for summer, she offers this tutorial on a mouthwatering 3-D dessert look.
1. With the nail already buffed and cleaned off for nail art, apply a large bead of light brown acrylic to the bottom third of the nail. Make sure to spread the acrylic neatly and cover the corners of the nail to create the cone.
2. Using a piece of nail art netting, once the brown acrylic starts to lose its shine, gently press the netting into the acrylic to create texture. Remove any excess off the sides.
3. Apply a large bead of colored acrylic to create the first scoop of ice cream. Use a dotting tool, an orangewood stick, or a toothpick to quickly poke the first scoop in different areas to add texture. You can also create a dripping effect by adding tiny beads of the same colored acrylic to the bottom of the scoop and blending upward.
4. Apply a second large bead of colored acrylic and use a dotting tool to make holes in the top scoop.
5. Creating a triangular shape, apply three stripes of white acrylic to create the whipped cream.
6. Fill in the holes created in Step 3 using tiny beads of dark and light brown acrylic. This will create the nut topping on the ice cream.
7. Use a bead of dark acrylic and apply it in a zigzag motion. Make sure to work quickly to create the dripping chocolate syrup effect. You can also use dark brown polish instead of acrylic.
8. Finish the look by adding a tiny bead of red acrylic as the cherry on top.
Follow Munroe on Instagram: @kerlys_artistic_nails.
You Might Also Like:
Ice Cream Come Nail Art