Toronto-based Featuring...You Salon & Spa demonstrates how to perform a warm milk and mud pedicure.
Natali Products Sweet Almond Oil and Azulene Oil; Thalasso Spa France Moor Mud; milk, sugar; base coat, polish, top coat.
1. Soak the client’s feet in a blend of warm water and milk for 10 minutes.
2. Start prep on nails and use a foot file or pumice to lessen calluses.
3. Make a paste of sugar and Natali Products Sweet Almond Oil, then exfoliate feet and lower legs with this scrub.
4. Place two sheets of plastic wrap on the pedicure station, then apply a layer of Thalasso Spa France Moor Mud on each foot (from the base of the toes to the ankle) and wrap each foot in a piece of plastic wrap, being sure to keep the toenails exposed.
5. Finish prepping exposed toenails.
6. Remove feet from plastic wrap and rinse with warm towels until all traces of mud are removed.
7. Massage feet and lower leg with Natali Products Azulene Oil.
8. Apply base coat, two coats of polish, and top coat.
Muddy Waters Pedi
Photography by Nicole Burello