Blu Water Day Spa in Kensington, Md. uses a blend of herbs, salts, and essential oils in unique treatments designed to fit each client's needs to relax, energize, detoxify or recharge.
Blu Water uses:
Ground herbs (peppermint leaves, ginger roots, lavender, rose petals, green tea leaves, lemongrass), salts (Himalayan and Dead Sea salts), organic sugar, aromatherapy/essential oils (spearmint, lemongrass, rose, lavender, peppermint, ginger, lemon, and other pre-blended oils), Amber Products Unscented Massage Cream, pure shea butter, base coat, polish, top coat.
1. Guide the client through the process of selecting the perfect blend of ingredients — herbs, salts, and essential oils — from the “apothecary bar” based on the type of treatment she’s looking for (i.e. relaxing, energizing, detoxifying, or recharging).
2. Add a few drops of the chosen essential oil to warm water to create an aromatic foot soak. Soak client’s feet.
3. Place a warm neck wrap on the client for total relaxation.
4. Exfoliate feet and legs with the customized salt (Himalayan or Dead Sea salts) or organic sugar scrub.
5. Prep nails.
6. Moisturize the calves and feet with a mask made of pure shea butter, water, ground herbs, and essential oils. Wrap warm towels around calves and feet.
7. Massage calves and feet with Amber Products Unscented Massage Cream blended with chosen essential oils.
8. Apply base coat, two coats of polish, and top coat.
Alternate Names: Make Your Own Pedi, Aromatic Pedicure, Herbs & Oils Pedicure