Get the step-by-step for nail artist Shauni Kelly’s signature style.
Step-by-step by Shauni Kelly, Hot Heads Barbershop and Cool Claws Nails, Albuquerque, N.M.
To get her signature style:
1. Using the reverse method of application, apply a mixture of Young Nails’ Frosted Pink and French acrylics to the base of the nail. Using Young Nails’ Clear acrylic, place three pearls on the tip.
2. Apply Young Nails’ Cotton Candy glitter above the pink base.
3. Apply Young Nails’ Sky Blue glitter, creating a glitter fade with the Cotton Candy glitter.
4. Apply Young Nails’ Celebrate and Moody confetti on top (using acrylic to make the confetti stick).
5. Cap the confetti with clear acrylic. Use C-curve sticks to make circle impressions in the clear acrylic.
6. Fill in the impressions with white acrylic.
7. File. Apply Young Nails’ Finish gel top coat.
She charges: $90