LCN’s new Glass Gels include 11 transparent colors that create fantastic works of nail art. LCN educator Rossana Chousal-Fune of Hawthorne, N.J., shows how she makes this lustrous design.
The LCN Glass Gels have a firm texture and can be individually modeled or thinly layered for different color intensities.
1. Prep the nails with an LCN Golden Streak File (100/100), lightly filing the free edge and removing shine. Sanitize the nails with LCN Cleaner and place the forms snugly under the free edge.
2. Apply LCN Bonder sparingly and cure under a UV light for two minutes or an LED light for one minute. Use a blend of LCN Camouflage Gels to match the natural color of the nail bed and apply it thinly around the eponychium and slightly onto the forms. It should create a nice oval shape. Cure in a UV light for two minutes or an LED light for one minute.
3. Extend the free edge with Orange Blossom Glass Gel, making sure to have enough thickness for strength. Cure in a UV light for two minutes or an LED light for one minute.
4. Remove the form and apply a coat of Pink Candy Glass Gel thinly, but do not cure. Apply LCN’s Fancy Yellow Color Gel Glitter, Tahitian Pink, Sun Yellow, and three White Color Gel Glitters (in that order) over the wet surface. This is done near the smile line with a dotting pen, making thin lines one after the other, and carefully following the shape of the smile line.
5. Place the dotting pen over one side of the colorful lines and move the colors in a circular motion, all the way to the other side of the smile line, forming a blossom-like design. It has to be done quickly and with control. Rapidly cure under the UV light for two minutes or an LED light for one minute to set the design in place.
6. Apply One Component resin F-Crystal Clear to the center of the nail plate and over the free edge to enhance the C-curve for strength. Then cure under the UV light for two minutes or an LED light for one minute. Remove the dispersion film layer and shape and smooth the nail using a combination of electric filing and hand filing, making sure the nail is completely balanced from every angle with a natural C-curve.
7. After filing, dust off the nail, and apply Sealant Ultra Shine.
LCN has a lot of great step-by-steps and instructional videos on its website, showing a variety of different techniques and designs using LCN’s gels and acrylics. You can check it out at www.lcnusa.com/index.php/step-by-steps.