Pamper moms and other clients with this super relaxing pedicure that features a homemade scrub, mask, and massage oil.
Angelic Beauty Works, Dearborn Heights, Mich., uses: Gehwol Gerlan Hand Cream; Ultronics Ultracare for Hands; Maxim pedicure soak; almonds or ground almond meal, dried cherries, fresh cherries (stemmed and pitted), yogurt; jojoba oil, almond oil, black cherry extract capsule; base coat, polish, top coat, and quick dry drops.
1. Have the client change into a robe and sit in the pedicure chair. Place a heated wrap around her neck.
2. Rub Gehwol Gerlan Hand Cream on her hands. Place cotton liner-filled heated mitts on her hands.
3. Spray Ultronics Ultracare for Hands on your hands and your client’s feet.
4. Soak the client’s feet in warm water with Maxim pedicure soak and flowers.
5. Grind up 1/4 cup almonds (or ground almond meal) and 1/4 cup dried cherries in a food processor until it’s fine to medium in coarseness. Mix in 2 Tbsp. jojoba oil to create a scrub. Exfoliate the client’s feet and lower legs with this scrub. Rinse.
6. Let the client lie back, feet up, and place a chilled eye pillow over her eyes. Place a blanket over her lap. Prep nails.
7. Mix together 8 oz. yogurt with 1/3 cup of stemmed and pitted fresh cherries to create a mask. Place a towel under both of the client’s legs. Apply the mask onto both legs. After 10 to 15 minutes, remove with damp warmed towels. Towel dry.
8. Combine 4 oz. almond oil with 1 capsule black cherry extract to create massage oil. Massage the client’s feet and lower legs.
9. Clean nail plates. Apply base coat, two layers of polish, top coat, and quick dry drops.
Nail tech Ruth Windsor created the recipe for this pedicure. Her book Answering The Questions To Your Sole: Pedicure Treatments That Will Have Your Clients Begging For More includes even more specialty pedicure recipes. It’s available for purchase in NAILS Online Store for $24.95.
You Might Also Like:
Video: Warm Cherry Almond Manicure by CND