Nails by Kari in Covington, Va., has created a Pink Berry Lemonade Pedicure for clients.
Nails by Kari uses: Three lemons (sliced), 10 strawberries (some for the soak and some for the scrub), one cup of sugar, 1/4 cup of olive oil or cuticle oil, plus additional cuticle oil; CND Cuticle Remover; OPI Lemon Tonic Mask and Avojuice in Cran & Berry; base coat, polish, top coat.
1. Serve the client a pink lemonade. Soak the client’s feet in warm water with three freshly sliced lemons, fresh lemon juice, and whole strawberries, for about 10 minutes.
2. Prep the client’s nails, including using CND Cuticle Remover.
3. Apply OPI Lemon Tonic Mask to the client’s feet and lower legs. Wrap the client’s feet in plastic wrap. After 10 minutes, wipe off the mask and wrap the client’s legs in hot towels.
4. Use a file to lessen the client’s calluses.
5. Make a scrub by mashing five strawberries in a bowl, leaving enough of the texture for a good scrub. Mix in a cup of sugar and 1/4 cup of olive or cuticle oil. Blend slowly. When stored in an airtight container in the fridge, the scrub will last up to a week. Apply the scrub to the client’s feet and lower legs.
6. Remove the hot towels from the client’s legs. Place the client’s feet back into the warm water.
7. Remove one foot at a time from the bath. Dry it off and apply a few drops of cuticle oil. Using hot stones, massage the client’s feet and lower legs with OPI Avojuice in Cran & Berry.
8. Use acetone to clean the nail plates.
9. Apply base coat, two coats of polish, and top coat.