Who says your client can’t rock her Halloween nails year-round? This design, created by Danalynn Stockwood, a nail tech at Genesis Salon in Fitchburg, Mass., is festive and fun but doesn’t scream spook. And the elimination of orange makes it wearable beyond October. While this look can be completed with gel-polish or on acrylic enhancements, Stockwood used regular polish including China Glaze’s Tinsel Town, Aztec Orange, and Silver Lining in addition to OPI’s Onyx.
1. Prep the nails. Apply base coat and then polish four off -centered rectangles in different sizes and colors onto the nail. Stockwood recommends using red, black, silver, and gold. If you’re using gel-polish, cure the nail according to manufacturer instructions, remove the inhibition layer, and proceed with the following instructions.
2. Use scissors to cut four pieces of thin white striping tape to line the interior edges of the colored rectangles.
3. With needlenose tweezers, apply the strips of tape to outline the polish lines.
4. Add a drop of nail glue to the center where all the rectangles meet. With the needlenose tweezer, place a square silver stud on the drop of glue.
5. Use the same procedure as in step four to place a silver square stud in the center of the red square.
6. Place another silver square stud in the center of the black square. The three studs should form a diagonal line. Apply your favorite top coat.