Worn atop Orly’s GelFX gel-polish, Shade Shifter allows any of the line’s 68 shades to change with body chemistry.
Worn atop Orly’s GelFX gel-polish, Shade Shifter allows any of the line’s 68 shades to change with body chemistry. If your client is cold, her manicure will appear as a darker hue. When she’s warm, Shade Shifter becomes clear, revealing the original shade once again. And better yet, as the wearer transitions between temperatures, an ombré effect emerges.
1. Sanitize the nails and push back the cuticles. Remove excess oil with GelFX 3-in-1 Cleanser. Lightly prime the nail tips with vitamin-infused GelFX Primer. Less is more, so apply sparingly. Avoid the surrounding skin and let it air dry for 30 seconds. It will soon appear shiny.
2. Apply a thin, light-handed layer of GelFX Basecoat to fingers and cure for 30 seconds in an LED light or one minute in a UV lamp. Apply to thumbs and cure separately.
3. After curing, use an Orly Dry Brush to brush down the tacky layer, ensuring proper curing and preventing any crawling or wrinkling.
4. Apply a thin coat of GelFX Nail Lacquer. First seal the nail’s edge to prevent thick tips and chipping, and then cure. Keep in mind that darker colors may need an extra coat. Apply a second coat and cure.
5. Apply two coats of GelFX Shade Shifter Color-Changing GelFX Coat and cure. Remove the tacky layer with GelFX 3-in-1 Cleanser and GelFX Lint-Free Wipes. Drop GelFX cuticle oil onto each nail.
6. To remove, break the seal of the entire top layer of gel with Orly’s 180-grit file. (If you push the cuticles back before filing, the top layer will remove more easily.)
7. Fully saturate the sponge of the GelFX Foil Remover Wrap with GelFX Remover. Immediately wrap the foil around the finger. Soak the nail for 10 minutes, then check its status. Certain colors may need to soak for an additional five minutes.
8. Remove the wrap from the fingers and gently push the product off the nails with Orly’s Pusher and Remover. Be light-handed; don’t force off the product. The remainder can be easily buffed off.
You Might Also Like:
Orly's GelFX Shade Shifter: How It Works (video)