August 1, 2015
Natasha Lee shows how to create chrome watermarbling for fingers and toes using Color Club silver hologram and Models Own Chrome Collection. She uses two techniques, one dipping nails into the water and one dipping paper into the water and applying it like a nail appliqué.
Keywords: chrome Color Club marbleizing techniques
July 31, 2015
Mia Secret introduces Chrome Mirror Nail Liquid, specially formulated with a metallic pigment for a reflective finish.
Keywords: chrome gel-polish Mia Secret
July 7, 2015
Morgan Taylor’s Chrome Collection brings bright metallic colors to life this summer.
Keywords: chrome Morgan Taylor
June 30, 2015
Arturo Osorio, Mia Secret exclusive educator, shows how to use Chrome Mirror nail liquid and create a 3-D rose using Formagel. Steps:
1. Once the nail structure has been sculpted with Cover Pink, apply a base coat of Luxury UV and cure for 45 seconds in LED nail light.
Keywords: chrome Mia Secret
2. Wipe off the tacky layer with Gel Cleanser.
3. Now apply a thin layer of Chrome Mirror and let it dry for 20 seconds. Then apply another layer of Chrome Mirror.
4. Once it’s dry, file sidewalls and tip, allowing the base and top coat of Luxury UV, seal up each other. This is will get the Chrome Mirror encapsulated and last up even more.
5. Apply Luxury UV top coat, properly over nail bed, sidewalls and tip. This is really important, because the Chrome Mirror need to be completely encapsulated in order to make it last from 2 to 3 weeks. Cure for 45 seconds in LED nail light and wipe off tacky layer.
6. Apply Formagel™ - White builder gel, as decoration. In every design, cure for 45 seconds and continue.
NOTE: by doing this nail technique, Chrome Mirror will last from two to three weeks, based on the clients’ nail care. But remember that the limit is your imagination.
June 15, 2015
Mia Secret introduces Chrome Mirror Nail Liquid specially formulated with a metallic pigment for a reflective finish. Pair the chrome color with Mia Secret Luxury UV base and top gel-polish for maximum results, otherwise, the shine will only last for two hours. Here’s how you apply it:
1. Prep the nail and dehydrate the surface.
2. Apply a base coat and cure. Wipe off the inhibition layer.
3. Apply Chrome Mirror fast-drying nail liquid until you reach desired opacity.
4. Seal the reflective effect with UV top coat and cure. Wipe off the inhibition layer.
For more information, visit www.miasecretnails.com
Keywords: chrome metallics Mia Secret
January 29, 2014
The limited-edition six-piece set has the appeal of the winter season but adds a contemporary edge to create cool high-shine chrome pastels with a crinkled metal look.
Keywords: China Glaze chrome metallics pastel polish
November 16, 2011
Hollywood's latest mani trend, Duochrome Nails, really steals the spotlight, according to Redbook's November issue.
Keywords: celebrities chrome metallics nail trends
October 1, 2010
As fashion designers experiment with different textures on the runway, nail polish manufacturers keep up with an array of stylish nail polish finish offerings — from the traditional cream to the edgy suede. One nail tech shares her expertise to help you sort through all of the jargon and match the appropriate client to the appropriate finish.
Keywords: Barielle chrome CND Deborah Lippmann Essie
February 1, 2008
For NAILS’ 25th anniversary issue — our silver anniversary — veteran technician Tom Bachik created these impressive high-gloss, chrome nails for our cover shoot.
Keywords: Behind the Scenes celebrities chrome company anniversaries metallics