July 30, 2016
| Nail Bytes
The NAILS team walked the show floor July 24-26 to see what was new for the year in professional beauty. Along the way we saw some amazing nails.
Keywords: Akzentz chrome CND Color Club Cosmoprof North America
July 29, 2016
| Photo Gallery
Over 30,000 visitors walked the show floor at Cosmoprof North America in the Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas.1,015 exhibitors represented 39 countries to fill three sections: Cosmetics and Personal Care, Packaging, and Professional Beauty. It took the NAILS team three days to cover the show floor, visiting with advertisers and meeting new beauty industry professionals.
Keywords: Akzentz Alfalfa Nail Supply American Dawn American International Industries Artistic Nail Design
June 8, 2016
| Photo Gallery
Thousands packed the Orange County Convention Center for this annual buying and educational beauty show.
Keywords: Akzentz Backscratchers Bio Seaweed Gel CND Continuum Footspas
June 6, 2016
| Photo Gallery
It all started 17 years ago when Debbie Doerrlamm wanted her Nailtech chat room to "come alive." The event has really grown over the years, and NAILS is proud to own the event and carry on the fun traditions.
Keywords: Athena Elliott Bio Seaweed Gel CND Cuccio Doug Schoon
January 15, 2016
Bling-obsessed nail techs can now integrate the luxury of Swarovski into their services with Crystal Pixie.
Keywords: Akzentz continuing education Crystal Culture gels Gina Silvestro
December 7, 2015
Gina Silvestro, USA Crystal Culture Director and Authorized Swarovski Instructor, demonstrates the proper application of Swarovski’s newest product created just for nails. Crystal Pixie is available in four colors and consists of tiny particles of round crystals mixed with tiny cut crystals which add a beautiful shine to nails.
Here’s how you apply it:
1. Prep the nail and keep it thin because the product will add thickness to the nail which will also give it strength. For enhancements, thin out the nail slightly prior application of Pixie.
2. Apply one thin layer of Akzéntz Pro-Formance Adhere and cure. Apply Akzéntz Enhance Pink and cure.
3. Apply a layer of Akzéntz Bling On. Do not cure.
4. Sprinkle Crystal Pixie over the uncured layer of gel. Make sure to rotate the nail to get the crystals on the entire nail.
5. Remove any excess Pixie from the edges of the nail and tuck any stragglers inward to avoid the cuticle and the edge of the nail.
6. Gently pat down the crystals with a clean and dry brush to create set and secure the crystals in the gel for a smooth layer. Cure.
7. Cap the outer edges with Akzéntz Shine-On. Cure.
For more information, visit www.gelessentialz.com.
Keywords: Akzentz Crystal Culture gels Gina Silvestro Swarovski
May 27, 2015
Nail school is a great place to learn the basics and practice more advanced techniques, but to really excel, it’s imperative to hone your skills outside the classroom as well. Encourage your students to visit these top online continuing education sites for nail techs.
Keywords: CND continuing education Gina Silvestro Holly Schippers Lauren Wireman
February 14, 2015
Keywords: Akzentz gels Gina Silvestro soak-off gels Swarovski
This video shows a basic application for Crystal Culture Chaton/Rivoli Crystal Nail Design Kits using Akzentz Bling-On and Akzentz Shine-On soak off gel.
December 30, 2014
Follow these steps to see how you can use Akzéntz Professional products to create a whimsical floral design.
Keywords: Akzentz colored gels floral nail art gels Gina Silvestro