To help catch you up for the “Star Trek: Beyond” movie premiere, here are a few Star Trek facts as told through nail art.
1. The Star Trek Universe is extensive.
It boasts seven separate television series (with a new one to premiere on CBS), 10 feature-length films before 2002, and three films in the new reboot, including "Star Trek Beyond," which is in theaters this week.
The battle between a Romulan starship and the USS Voyager.
2. Their mission is to explore strange new worlds...
...to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before!
3. Each crew member wears a different color uniform depending on their duties aboard the ship.
With the Original Series colors shown here, blue is associated with science or medical personel, gold is for command (it puts the "Captain" in Captain Kirk), and red is for engineering, operations, and security. Different ranks are shown on the sleeve.
4. Whatever you do, do not wear a red shirt on board the U.S.S. Enterprise if the audience doesn't know your name.
There's a good chance you might not make it to the end of the mission as a redshirt security guy, unless, that is, you encounter a Star Wars Stormtrooper (since Stormtroopers are known for missing their target.)
...and the redshirt guy still dies.
5. Star Trek: The Original Series was released on September 8, 1966.
This means Kirk and Spock celebrate 50 years of friendship exploring the universe.
6. Spock nail art seems to be the most popular among Star Trek nails.
Many were created in tribute to actor Leonard Nimoy who passed away early last year.
7. If you know nothing else about Star Trek, at least know the Vulcan salute:
Live long and prosper!