Salon Sanitation

TDLR Can’t Connect Sanitary Conditions of Texas Salon to Woman’s Death

The death of Kim Jackson, a 46-year-old paraplegic who died of a staph infection, can’t be directly linked to the sanitary conditions at Angel Nails in Ft. Worth, Texas, said the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR). “Our agency was not notified of any problems at the salon until after Ms. Jackson died, and that was seven months after the pedicure that her family blames for her death,” said public information officer Patrick Shaughnessy. “Making a connection between the sanitary conditions inside a salon and a death seven months later, with no intervening investigation, would be, for all practical purposes, impossible.” Shaughnessy did note, however, that as a result of TDLR’s investigation and inspections at Angels Nails, the salon was issued a Notice of Alleged Violation.

Keywords:   lawsuits     pedicure sanitation     state licensing  

Leave a Comment

Name:
Email:
Comment:
Submit

Comments (0)

Subscribe to NAILS & SAVE!

Get a free preview issue and a Free Gift
Subscribe Today!

Please sign in or register to .    Close
Loading...
 
Subscribe Today
Subscribe Today