Allure magazine's September 2012 issue featured its top five jaw-dropping nail art blogs.
- Known for: A wild roundup of designs created and selected by nail artist Sophy Robson. Her latest find is Japanese pro Disco Nail, who has a flair for detail and frills like big, dangling feathers.
Burgers and Nails
- Known for: Beautifully painted nails holding hamburgers. You'll also find a few how-tos.
The Illustrated Nail
- Known for: Lots of details and patterns by illustrator turned nail artist Sophie Harris-Greenslade. She's inspired by complex prints in fashion.
Hey, Nice Nails!
- Known for: A mix of elaborate and easy designs, many suitable for the office. Sisters Donne and Ginny Geer show looks Allure editors say they'd actually wear. Sometimes how-tos are featured, and if you request instructions, they'll comply.
Fleury Rose Nails
- Known for: Complex, rhinestone-studded nails by manicurist Fleury Rose. In addition to her designs, she posts inspiration shots and behind-the-scenes photographs from shoots and TV shows she's worked on.