1. Match the polish company in Column A with its spring 2010 collection in Column B.
OPI = Hong Kong (1)
Lamoon Beauty = Get Loud (1)
Sparitual = Believe (1)
Color Club = Rebel Debutante (1)
Kinetics = Change It Up (1)
China Glaze = Up & Away (1)
Duri Cosmetics = Paparazzi (1)
2. The Greek term “arthro” means _________ and “itis” means ________, which is the origin of the word “arthritis”.
D. joint/inflamed (1)
3. According to a NailsMag.com web poll, approximately what percent of salons offer Wi-Fi to clients?
C. 24% (1)
4. What is salon owner Anthony C. Licata’s “other life”?
C. bouncer (1)
5. According to Dr. Kenneth Gerenraich (AKA Dr. G), what is the minimum amount of time for which you should rub hand sanitizer into your hands for it to be effective?
C. 15-20 seconds (1)
6.True or False? You can over-cure gel nails.
A. True (1)
7. Which celebrity surprised her fans by enrolling in nail school in 2010?
E. Serena Williams (1)
8. What’s the URL for the Nail Art Gallery, which NAILS launched in 2010?
A. nailartgallery.nailsmag.com (1)
9. According to the article “To the Last Drop,” approximately how many nails can you tend to with a 0.5-fl.-oz. bottle of cuticle oil before the bottle runs out?
D. 800 (1)
10. Which NAILS cover nail tech said the following?: “I’ve been to every continent except Antarctica. I’m not so sure nails are hot down there just yet!”
A. Elaine Watson (1)
11. What nail company provided the polish colors and created the design for this Fashion Week crescent moon manicure?
E. CND (1)
12. According to the article “West Coast vs. East Coast: A Day with 2 Celebrity Nail Techs,” celebrity manicurist Lisa Logan got up at _____ on April 30, 2010 and her workday ended at _____.
B. 5:30 a.m./12:45 a.m. the next day (1)
13. Who was the No. 1 competitor in NAILS 2009-2010 Top 25 competitors ranking?
B. Lynn Lammers (1)
14. Match the nail tech in Column A with her invention in Column B.
Julia Palmer = Wet Paint (1)
Katinna Hill = Scentful Indulgence (1)
Shari Dragos = Toezeeze (1)
Robin Stopper Renner = Wrist Assist (1)
April Lollar = Polish Pal (1)
15. Match the health concern in Column A with its description in Column B.
subungual hematoma = a mass of blood under a fingernail or toenail (1)
hammertoe = a bending and hardening of the joints of the toes (1)
bromhidrosis = body odor from sweat (1)
onychogryphosis = excessive thickening and curving of the nails (1)
16. Which of these images was an actual NAILS cover in 2010?
B. September 2010 Cover
17. According to NAILS Readers’ Choice Awards, what was NAILS readers’ favorite new product of 2010?
B. CND Shellac (1)
18. The beauty ingredient _________ is a powdery white chemical salt with crystalline grains that can be found in dish detergent, toothpaste, shampoo, and lotion.
D. baking soda (1)
19. Your salon’s Disaster Recovery Plan should include a provision for if the salon computer stops working. According to the article “Prepare for the Worst,” a recommended course of action is:
B. access pertinent information for the day via another computer and the salon’s online or external drive back-up system (1)
20. Whose nail art, a mini rendition of “Great Wave off Kanagawa” by Katsushika Hokusai, is this?
B. Maki Otani (1)