Help clients brave the icy weather or a busy week ahead with an armor-inspired nail art design. Nail tech Torie Bastian is the owner of The Polished Pinky nail salon in Crown Point, Ind., and she executed this 3-D metallic mandala manicure.
Metallic Mandala Manicure. No nail stickers here, all 3-5 gel art. I also had inspiration from all of my favorite designers. @mal_wingostarrjewelry @moonpijewelry @adrianasotojewelry @the_champagne_gypsy @rejoicethehands THANK YOU FOR BEING FABULOUS!! #boho #hippy #hippychic #hippymama #hippybling #handpainted #nailart #gelmanicure #thepolishedpinky #chicagoland #nwi #naillife @nailgasmtv @nailsmagazine @nailpromagazine @nailitmag
A photo posted by Torie Bastian (@thepolishedpinky) on
Follow these steps to see how Torie created a shielded look.
1. Apply one coat of white gel-polish to clean and prepped nails. Cure.
2. Use black gel-polish to paint circles on the center of the nail. Cure.
3. Use a dotting tool to add dots around the circles to create an armor design. Cure.
4. Polish a metallic gel over the design. Cure.
5. Seal the entire design with top coat and cure.
For more step-by-steps, click here. To keep up with Torie, make sure you follow her on Instagram.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.
The secure and easy all-access connection to your content.
Bookmarked content can then be accessed anytime on all of your logged in devices!
Already a member? Log In