Help clients brave the icy weather or a busy week ahead with an armor-inspired nail art design. Nail tech Torie Bastian is the owner of The Polished Pinky nail salon in Crown Point, Ind., and she executed this 3-D metallic mandala manicure.
Metallic Mandala Manicure. No nail stickers here, all 3-5 gel art. I also had inspiration from all of my favorite designers. @mal_wingostarrjewelry @moonpijewelry @adrianasotojewelry @the_champagne_gypsy @rejoicethehands THANK YOU FOR BEING FABULOUS!! #boho #hippy #hippychic #hippymama #hippybling #handpainted #nailart #gelmanicure #thepolishedpinky #chicagoland #nwi #naillife @nailgasmtv @nailsmagazine @nailpromagazine @nailitmag
A photo posted by Torie Bastian (@thepolishedpinky) on
Follow these steps to see how Torie created a shielded look.
1. Apply one coat of white gel-polish to clean and prepped nails. Cure.
2. Use black gel-polish to paint circles on the center of the nail. Cure.
3. Use a dotting tool to add dots around the circles to create an armor design. Cure.
4. Polish a metallic gel over the design. Cure.
5. Seal the entire design with top coat and cure.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.
The secure and easy all-access connection to your content.
Bookmarked content can then be accessed anytime on all of your logged in devices!