Christine Le, a hair stylist at the Visible Changes Salon at the Willowbrook Mall in Houston, Texas, recently spoke with editor Maggie Mulhern from our sister publication, Modern Salon, about ways to achieve financial success as a hairdresser.
By financial success, I'm talking about the $600,000 a year that Christine has worked hard to make for herself over the last 23 years, not including tips.
Christine's tips on reaching financial success can be implemented in the nail salon, too!
Here are her tips:
1. Look like a million bucks.
2. Keep it professional.
3. Provide solutions.
4. Punctuality is key.
5. Be consistent.
6. Build relationships.
7. Make sure you are able to retain some information from the client for his or her next visit.
8. Take care of yourself, mind, body and soul.
9. You have to be hungry for success - you have to want it.
10. Surround yourself with successful people.
11. Educate your clients on the finished look.
In the video above, she also mentions that you have to have a strong work ethic, and she learned early on that education is the number one priority.
You can read more about Christine Le's journey by clicking here, including her salon pricing, the importance of a dress code, and hear Christine talk about Visible Changes' programs.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.
Originally posted on Viet Salon