February is the time of year many clients want something glamorous to embrace the love in the air! Share the love with your clients by trying out these step-by-step designs for Valentine's Day:
Products used: Gel II sail away with me, Sea Splash, Extreme White, Midnight Black & Matte Top Coat Pink Sharpie.
- Polish nail with Gel II “Sail Away with Me” (cure).
- Add spots of Gel II “Sea Splash” and with the Gel II “Sail Away with Me” brush wipe up and down in a vertical motion (cure).
- Using Gel II “Extreme White,” draw a heart (cure).
- Wipe tacky layer off of nail.
- Color the heart with pink sharpie.
- Outline the heart and then draw vertical and horizontal lines using Gel II “Midnight Black” (cure).
- Finish nail with Gel II “Matte Top Coat."
Products used: Gel II Extreme White & Mirror Shine Top Coat, Pink, Red & Purple Sharpie, Red Heart confetti.
- Polish nail with Gel II “Extreme White” (cure).
- Wipe tacky layer off of Nail.
- Cover white using Red, Pink & Purple sharpie blocks.
- Using alcohol and a flat nail art brush, blend the blocks where they meet and let air dry for 30 seconds.
- Draw thin white lines creating a tic tac toe grid using Gel II “Extreme White” (cure).
- Polish nail with Gel II “Mirror Shine Top Coat” and place heart shaped confetti in the winning position on the grid (cure).
- To secure and complete the look, add two more coats of top coat curing each coat separately.
Chanell Boyd (@nellboutik)
Private Nail Stylist and Educator
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.