Ugly Duckling master educator Christina “Chrystacle” Cronk created this acrylic stiletto nail design with a textured rose and lots of crystals. Follow her on Instagram @chrystacle.
1. Prep the natural nail and apply an Ugly Duckling Stiletto form.
2. Create a French fade using Ugly Duckling Premium Fufu Pink and white acrylic. Start with the white acrylic and blend towards the center of the nail. Seal the cuticle area with pink acrylic and lightly feather over the white acrylic.
3. Cap the nail using Premium clear acrylic. Shape, file, and buff the nail using Ugly Duckling hand files or buffers. Apply Ugly Duckling No Wipe Top coat and cure for 90 seconds in a UV lamp or 45 seconds in an LED lamp.
4. Using the Ugly Duckling Detailer ll brush and #44 White gel-polish, create a hand-painted rose starting from the center petal and working your way around to the outer petals. Do not cure.
5. Sprinkle Ugly Duckling Premium colored acrylic #88 and Duck Paddle over the rose. Lightly tap off any extra colored acrylic and cure.
6. Dust off the extra acrylic with a brush. Apply Ugly Duckling Schtik It gel using the dotting end of Ugly Duckling’s Blinger Tool in the area you want to apply crystals.
7. Using Ugly Duckling’s Blinger Tool, apply crystals to the area you want your design. Cure for two minutes in a UV lamp or 45 seconds to one minute in LED lamp.
8. Schtik It gel has a slight dispersion layer, so apply a small amount of Ugly Duckling No Wipe in between the crystals using the Detailer ll brush. Cure.
For more information, visit www.uglyducklingnails.com.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.